Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I hate math!

If I had a child that constantly said, "I hate math, Im not good at it, and I never will be." I think what this child has went through in life is a lot of negativity towards math obviously. They have never been taught to enjoy it. It has alway been forced upon them to do it, but never in a fun manner. It is hard to make something fun when someone is completely shut down to the idea of it, but this child needs to learn to open his/her mind to math. They probably make bad grade in all of their math courses and struggle in the classroom. I am sure they never had a lot of motivation towards math and getting good grades in it. They probably have constantly been in trouble because of their math class and it just has never been rewarding to them. They think they can't do it therefore they can't. If this child would just open up and try in math, they could learn it. Everyone gets a bad teacher or two. Maybe if they weren't shut down to the whole idea a good teacher would come along and they would actually learn a lot.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the motivation factor in being able to determine why a child hates math in this case. I said something to the effect of having another subject entirely that motivates them for a different reason and so they probably fail to maintain a real interest in the subject, which in this case is math.

    ReplyDelete