Monday, September 12, 2011

Flashlight Experiment

In my experience, I used a small flashlight much like the one used in class. I went outside where it was almost completely dark, it's hard to find complete darkness where I live, and I observed my flashlight outside. What I saw was much of what I expected but then again it wasn't. There wasn't neccessarily a "beam". There was a concentrated light though. It isn't what I would call a beam. More of a lighted path that only shown on the ground. However, I was facing the flashlight towards the ground. If I held it straight towards the darkness, it appeared that it was brealy showing on the ground, just a little in the almost foggy air. It was 10:30 at night and fairly foggy, but not much at all. I expected there to be a beam in the fog, but it really wasn't as foggy as I would have wanted it to be for my assumption to be accurate. I tried the same thing in my hallways at my house, which happens to be stairs so it was hard to get accuracy there, but what I saw was the hallways was fairly lighted even down most of the stairs, and it actually did "bounce" off of the wall across from the flashlight source. It was a short hallways, which made it hard to be so accurate. I would really like to try this in a larger area, maybe like the hallway outside of our classroom. I didn't have a large enough room to really be accurate on the size thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment